[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Name of new line ends

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Oct 10 02:44:35 PDT 2011

Hi Regina,

On Sat, 2011-10-08 at 15:12 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:
> I want to add some line ends to the standard line palette, especially
> those which are designed for use in UML diagrams.

	Cool :-)

>  I have named them according to their visual appearance. Is this
> the right idea and are the names OK for you?

	Why not. Ideally we need to get around to translating those in the core
at some stage, but ...

> Or should they be named according they meaning in UML diagrams?

	I don't -think- the naming ends up in the file-format when this line
ending is used (worth checking that I guess); I think it is just the
actual graphical content of the ending.

> I want to add them to the standard palette, because I guess that many
> users neither know how to create unfilled line ends nor how to load a
> palette.

	Of course.

> To examine my proposals save the attached file to your user/config
> folder, open a draw document and load the palette. Or backup your file
> standard.soe and rename the attached file to 'standard.soe'.

	:-) so - sounds ideal as it is - with the provisio that we it'd be
interesting to check the file format, and how it looks in the
line-ending drop-down (perhaps we should increase the size of that to
avoid the need to scroll if that is there ?).

	Looking forward to the patch,

	Thanks,

		Michael.