[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Fonts standadization for Impress templates

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 11:55:08 PDT 2011

Hi Olivier,

2011/10/26 Olivier Hallot <olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org>:
> Hi Andras
>
> I converted all the templates according to the following:
>
> Albany, Arial -> Liberation Sans
>
> Thorndale, Times New Roman -> Liberation Serif
>
> However, for some reason I can't imagine, I don't see Liberation Sans nor
> Liberation Serif in my windows installation (3.4.3). I only see Liberation
> Sans Narrow.
>
> Is this a bug in the Windows package?

I think it is intentional. On Windows people have Times New Roman and
Arial by default, so they don't need their metrically equivalent
Liberation Serif and Liberation Sans. It is a good question, whether
LibreOffice or MS Office on Windows fall back to Times New Roman when
the template uses Liberation Serif (and ro Arial for LibreOffice
Serif). They should...

Best regards,
Andras