[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Fonts standadization for Impress templates

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Wed Oct 26 12:36:21 PDT 2011

Hi Andras,

Andras Timar schrieb:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> 2011/10/26 Olivier Hallot<olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org>:
>> Hi Andras
>>
>> I converted all the templates according to the following:
>>
>> Albany, Arial ->  Liberation Sans
>>
>> Thorndale, Times New Roman ->  Liberation Serif
>>
>> However, for some reason I can't imagine, I don't see Liberation Sans nor
>> Liberation Serif in my windows installation (3.4.3). I only see Liberation
>> Sans Narrow.
>>
>> Is this a bug in the Windows package?
>>

> I think it is intentional. On Windows people have Times New Roman and
> Arial by default, so they don't need their metrically equivalent
> Liberation Serif and Liberation Sans.

Does Windows7 still comes with Times New Roman?

  It is a good question, whether
> LibreOffice or MS Office on Windows fall back to Times New Roman when
> the template uses Liberation Serif (and ro Arial for LibreOffice
> Serif). They should...

It depends on what fonts are installed. If Thorndale (coming from
StarOffice) is installed, it falls back to that.

It is very difficult to identify fonts, which are designed to look
equal. But you can look at the question mark or at the Greek zeta to
distinguish them.

Kind regards
Regina