[Libreoffice-ux-advise] UX: access protect/unprotect sheet from sheet tab

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Sat Sep 10 05:44:26 PDT 2011

Hi Christoph, Astron

Em 07-09-2011 17:38, Christoph Noack escreveu:
> Hi Olivier, hi Astron!
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 07.09.2011, 22:04 +0200 schrieb Astron:
>> Hi Olivier,
>>
>> Maybe Christoph has can point to usage data for this feature to see
>> how import it really is to users..?
> Mmh, I can only point to the usual source here:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Tracking_results#OpenOffice.org_Usage_Data_for_Download
>
> Astron, could you please have a look at it? The hardest part should be
> to identify the names of the function in the spreadsheet. I still try to
> work on my mail backlog from the vacation time :-\ Would be great!

the API is
ThisComponent.getSheets().getByIndex(<index>).protect("<password>")

UNO comands

(Protect)

args1(0).Name = "Protect"
args1(0).Value = true

dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:Protect", "", 0, args1())

(Unprotect)

args1(0).Name = "Protect"
args1(0).Value = false

dispatcher.executeDispatch(document, ".uno:Protect", "", 0, args1())

>> Other than that, I don't think there would be a problem with adding
>> this to the context menu. Maybe it would fit in between "Move/copy
>> sheet" and "Select all sheets".
> I would go for the same position, although (at least in the German
> version) the context menu gets to look quite unstructured ... okay,
> already does ;-)

OK for pt-BR as well.

I'm not so sure but I think this should be quite easy to do, no?

But before, do we have a yeah for it?

--
Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation