[Libreoffice-ux-advise] to duplicate an existing style

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Sat Sep 10 12:26:04 PDT 2011

Hi

Em 10-09-2011 15:44, Eike Rathke escreveu:
> Hi Astron,
>
> On Saturday, 2011-09-10 12:59:17 +0200, Astron wrote:
>
>> Yet, the problem for most people is that they have never extensively
>> worked with styles and might not understand intricacies like
>> inheritances.
> I think much of the user's confusion can be avoided if the Stylist
> didn't show the flat All Styles view initially, but the Hierarchical
> view instead. This immediately gives a hint that styles depend on other
> styles, even if the user has no idea of inheritance concepts.

indeed. +1

> If the Organizer tab for derived styles then instead of the simple
> "Contains" would say "Contains not in parent style" or "Items different
> from parent style" or some such, things would be much clearer.
>
>    Eike

Interesting. Who has patience to read all the style spec's in the
organizer tab? I don't, for instance. And besides, the description is a
mess of specs, not categorized.

While we are at, how about a small window with the style redered on a
dummy text? There is a suitable real state in the dialog box.

Kind regards

--
Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation