[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Header and Footers separators design

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Mon Sep 12 11:06:28 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 18:50 +0200, Astron wrote:
> This thing is a total winner and probably one of the major new
> features of 3.5. Congratulations, Cedric!

Thanks you and Christoph for bringing the cool ideas too :)

> # we, as in, the design team, should add a new plus symbol that
> visually matches the drop-down arrow. So I quickly made something that
> should look okay (hopefully it is not too blurry -- the choice was
> making it off-centre or blurry, and I like centring things) [1]. (By
> the way, the plus symbol really flickers too much still -- but you
> said that you don't know how to get rid of this, yet, right?)

I'll have a look at how the arrow is actually drawn... it would really
help not to use a picture here, but a symbol or we'll have troubles with
the high contrast UI (which I still haven't done).

But I agree with you on the fact that we need a black plus: the standard
one is hard to be seen.

> # I think shorter dashes like in Christoph's mock-up would look better
> than today's long dashes.

Yep, I'll fix that one

> # if you click the "plus" button, the cursor should jump to the new
> header/footer and not back to the header/footer that was originally
> edited.

I know that one too.

--
Cédric Bosdonnat