[Libreoffice-ux-advise] F4 in spreadsheet

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Tue Sep 13 12:33:00 PDT 2011

Hi Olivier!

Am Samstag, den 10.09.2011, 14:58 -0300 schrieb Olivier Hallot:
> The idea of a key binding configuration set that (to the best effort)
> can mimick Excel is an interesting idea.

Well, there are some more competitors out there ... and other modules
that could be competitor-fied (although I don't like the idea in the
long run).

> Of course I guess some restriction apply and I would start for
> Windows
> first ("Market share oblige").
>
> What do we need to provide such key mapping? A simple text list? I f
> you
> help to find the right spot in the source I can try to give a spin on
> it.

Personally, I think some investigation ... then (that's only my
point-of-view) a keyboard definition file that could be created within
LibreOffice itself. The Load/Save feature for keybindings is available.
The good thing is, that we could go back to the legacy OOo keybindings
at the end - everybody should be fine.

Of course, in the first step it wouldn't be that discoverable. And, we
should really think whether we want to name the competitor products
(mmh, although we do that in the compatibility options for load/save).

Other thoughts?

Cheers,
Christoph