[Libreoffice-ux-advise] About manual page breaks and nonprinting character

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org
Wed Sep 14 12:45:10 PDT 2011

Hi all,

In the same way of the Cédric's question [1], I suggest to change the
behavior of the Formatting Aids check boxes in Writer Options (Tools >
Options > LibreOffice Writer). The behavior I propose is the following:
- check the Formatting Aids you want *always* visible
- when you click the button "Nonprinting Characters" Writer shows *all*
non-printing characters.

Doing so, we will give satisfaction to the users who think that the
manual page breaks or end of paragraph marks should always be visible
and to others who want to have a screen as close as possible to the
printed output.

The manual page breaks should be managed as other breaks in Formatting Aids.

If we change this behavior we will have to choose the default state of
each check box. I propose that only Breaks should be checked by default.

Best regards
JBF

[1]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice-ux-advise/2011-September/000317.html