[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Hiding/Showing the page breaks in writer

Cedric Bosdonnat cedric.bosdonnat.ooo at free.fr
Tue Sep 20 01:12:03 PDT 2011

Hi Olivier,

On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 09:31 +0200, Olivier R. wrote:
> Le 19/09/2011 10:14, Cedric Bosdonnat a écrit :
> >    * Draw the manual page break line between the two pages instead of the
> > top of the paragraph defining the break.
>
> I am a little bit skeptical about the place you choose, especially if it
> is a column break. For the latter, I don’t think it would be the proper
> place.

Well, indeed the columns break can't be moved like this... I simply
moved the page breaks there.

> >    * Draw it unconditionally. We can surely find a way to disable it in
> > some way through options, but at that place it would be a problem as
> > it's not on a page.
>
> With the option “Text boundaries”… ?
> But maybe this choice is more logical if you draw the breaks within the
> page.

Being able to hide the page breaks makes sense to me only if it can
damage the document visualization. In that case there is nothing on the
page itself: that's why it's not even turned off by with the text
boundaries.

That being said, a nice idea for the columns break will be needed ;)

--
Cédric Bosdonnat
LibreOffice hacker