[Libreoffice-ux-advise] tango icons in master ? ...

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 4 06:07:15 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

>        Did we have a new formula icon in master ? I could have sworn tango had
> a nicer, simpler icon (or did something change) ?

It's new (well, it's been there for at least two months). And it's my
work. If you don't like it, sorry.

The old icon was a black Industrial icon that I thought stuck out very
much. If that's similarly true of the new icon, I'm happy to make
changes or revert the whole thing. So far, I hadn't done all the
formula icons anyway. Sorry for not asking for feedback here first.

About the "fx" versus the more accurate "f(x)" – it's pretty hard to
make a Tango icon with that many letters, especially at 16*16 (that's
because you need a stroke width of three pixels to at least see that
the icon has an outline).

Astron.