[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [libreoffice-design] questions about the status bar

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Sun Apr 29 16:19:36 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Since there are some questions about functions on the status bar, here
some documentation:

This one is very good, not fulle up to date and only for Writer, but the
most things are still true:
http://www.ooowiki.de/StatusLeiste  (German)

And the section Status Bar in chapter 1 of this guide:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/images/8/85/0401DG3-IntroducingDraw.pdf

In my experience the status bar is used by a wide variety of people and
often very experienced, that are easily using right mouse etc etc.
Removing functionality does not look an option too me. If the
representation and the design can be improved: great.

Also wrt functions that are hidden, e.g. the list of bookmarks when
right clicking: that is not a problem per see. Even recently visible
functionality has been removed from tool bars and replaced by hidden.

HTH,

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org