[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Unconfirmed Bugs

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Tue Aug 7 00:49:41 PDT 2012

Hi Joel,

first, thanks a lot for organizing such an event. It is a good start in
any case.

Joel Madero píše v Po 06. 08. 2012 v 11:15 -0700:
> Hi All,
>

> Well, we attempted to do a triaging event Sunday and ...it didn't work
> out well. Hardly anyone showed, and I understand, it was the
> weekend ;)

I guess that we might get better audience in winter. You know, the long
cold evenings are better for sitting in front of computer than the
current shiny days :-)

> So I'm attempting something new. What I've done is made a google doc
> (yes I know, boo, lame, whatever), for now, it was the easiest and
> fastest way to organize. I have organized based on the component and
> then grouped in approximately 50 or less groupings. If you have the
> time (even if it takes a couple months to get through them) PLEASE
> take a group. I am convinced that it reflects poorly on us that we
> allow bugs to stay unconfirmed with no comment or anything for months
> and months and months - I would actually say that alone should be a
> critical bug ;) So, if you could take a grouping please rename the
> sheet to your name (or IRC name or some other way you call yourself)
> and just go through them at your leisure, that would be fantastic. If
> we could get 10-15 people to commit to a group we could halve the
> unconfims over the next few months which would be nice for the UA
> team, for the dev team and for our user base.

> LINK:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApS-XtOUGGH5dDIwaXN1YnNsM0h4RXFKdVhvb2RRb0E#gid=0

Could you please mention it at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugTriage or somewhere around? I
think that it might be interesting also for newcomers.

Thanks a lot for all your great efforts.

Best Regards,
Petr