[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Change LibreOffice's behavior of how formatting is applied

Daniel Mania daniel.mania at umb.no
Tue Aug 7 01:32:06 PDT 2012

Your reasoning makes sense and I realize that I might have to live with
that :-)

In normal writing, you will not encounter any problems with the current
formatting behavior. But in scientific writing (biology, chemistry, ...)
there are a lot of sub- and superscripts and that can be troublesome. I
find myself undoing a formatting, marking a single character and
re-applying the formatting on only that character quite often.
Also, marking a whole word can be quickly done by double clicking it. So
the current behavior is not really a time saver.

As I said, your reasoning is sound. And if I am the only one who does
not like the current formatting behavior ...

Greetings,
Daniel M