[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Repo / place for original artwork files (was: Re: [PUSHED] Make new About dialogue a little nicer)

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 01:24:34 PDT 2012

Hello Kendy,

> Terribly sorry for missing your mail :-(  Can you please describe me the
> problem more exactly?  I can see the images, when I go eg. to
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/tree/icon-themes/tango/lc10713.png
>
> and click "(plain)" after the "blob:
> c18733cf1528e91ee4a60f6896d1c1d4fdd422a8", it opens correctly for me in
> the eog.

Right, that's not as bad as I thought (maybe someone has changed
that..? dunno, really), just: wouldn't it be better, if the images
opened in the browser without me having to download them/open them in
a different app?

> For sure it is not the most user-friendly way, but hopefully good for a
> start?

Yes, having the image directly on the page without having to click
"plain" would probably help tremendously. Is that possible with cgit
at all?

>> And then, can we try moving the repository idea forward?
>
> Sounds great to me - I'd be for an additional subdir in the core
> repository wherever you choose; the rest of the artwork is there already
> anyway...

That would be quite the economic idea. :) So, well, if you developers
don't mind designers committing to there regularly... On the other
hand, the artwork repository might occasionally use different licenses
from the rest of LibreOffice (i. e. CC etc.) and therefore it might be
good to have it separate (?).

Regards,

Astron.