[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Proposed changes

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 22:57:40 PST 2012

On 12/05/2012 05:34 PM, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:

Hi Cedric,

> Could you help me see what you mean for the transparency preview
> problem?

The transparency problem is also apparent on Linux, so not just limited
to OSX. It occurs when two templates are displayed one on top of the
other, where both templates are given a transparent background, leading
to the details of the underlying template coming through the transparent
background of the overlying one and ending up looking like something
Kandinsky or Pollack might have done in their most creative of
mindframes. One thing is for sure, it doesn't look professional, nor is
it clear what the preview content of the template is actually supposed
to be. At least with the old template preview, only one template was
previewed at a time, so there was little doubt as to which template was
being considered. The current new fangled approach mixes up what I
assume to be the first two templates of the list. This is all down to
the way the transparency of the sheet/doc/page is rendered or by some
trick of the UI overlay. As I don't know how this is done, I can't
really frame it in words any better than that.

Alex