[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Meeting to discuss the Template manager lively?

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Thu Dec 6 04:14:07 PST 2012

Hi all,

After having some feedback of several users in the french contributors,
I would like to have a small chat with you to discuss the too innovative
things of that dialog.

First of all there is no need to think about tablet-oriented design
since this UI will need to be written once again for the tablets.

The feedback I have:
  * Single click is not consistent with the rest of the application. Can
be misleading for users
  * Selection is not obvious
  * Adding a "Cancel" button would be nice

Having innovating UI is great, but we need to keep it consistent across
the whole application. We also need to take care of our poor users still
sticking to old way to design ;)

I would be in favor of:
  * Using tabs as designed by Alexander
  * Revert to single click for selection + double click for the action
  * Remove the selection mode completely (even the triggering from the
right click)
  * Add the Cancel button at least for the "Save As Template" case.

For a meeting, I can easily manage to find time during office hours, but
outside it starts to be difficult. What about right after ESC today?

Regards,
--
Cedric