[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Should formatting apply to word at cursor position or only characters typed after formatting was invoked

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 14:40:54 PST 2012

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM, Jean-Francois Nifenecker <
jean-francois.nifenecker at laposte.net> wrote:

> Le 08/12/2012 20:28, Mirek M. a écrit :
>

>> We've discused this on today's design IRC meeting, and we agreed that,
>> when within a word, subscript and superscript should not apply to the
>> whole word, but other formatting commands should, as it's usual for a
>> user to want to italicize or underline a whole word, but uncommon for a
>> whole word to be a subscript or a superscript.
>>

> Would this subscript/superscript behaviour be optional?
> I've seen technical docs using superscript for whole words.

This would only apply when nothing is selected and the cursor is within a
word.
(A user could still easily use superscript and subscript on a word by
either selecting an existing word and clicking the super/subscript button,
or by clicking the super/subscript button and then typing a word.)