[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Meeting to discuss the Template manager lively?

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Mon Dec 10 00:44:57 PST 2012

Hi Mirek, all,

On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 23:35 +0100, Mirek M. wrote:
> I was wondering: Could single-click be a flag under experimental
> options, so that a) it can be tested and refined for possible future
> use (the selection mechanism needs some design tweaks, to make it
> clear that one can click the title to select), b) single-clickers like
> me and tablet users have the option to use single-click?

Well, that may mislead people experimenting the other cool features that
are not yet ready to enable by default (and gives me more work in a time
that is already pretty packed).

> Also, could the blue highlight and the checkboxes be hidden by default
> (in double-click mode)? They're confusing, as they make the dialog
> feel like it's single-click.

It's already done in the patch I provided you (not yet pushed).

> Also, folder renaming doesn't seem to work yet (at least not in my
> 6b6783 build).

Ok, I'll look into that one.

> We also discussed having a separate dialog for saving templates,
> presenting only a field for a name and a folder list (either a
> dropdown menu or a field), with the default being no folder. It's
> somewhat similar to the pop-up one would get when saving a bookmark in
> a web browser.

The default can't be "No folder"... but the default folder for saving.

> Cedric, do you need a design for that, or will you whip up something
> yourself and ask for feedback?

Could you please provide me a glade file for that? I would need to do it
otherwise ;)

--
Cedric