[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Template manager : feedback

Olivier R. olivier.noreply at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:55:16 PST 2012

Hi mirek,

mirek2 wrote
> The original idea was to not have a static size for the overlay, but
> rather
> have its size detemined by its contents

But it was static. Only half the space was used. And I have many templates
and it was unpractical with this tiny place.

mirek2 wrote
> , in the same way it works on
> Android (and as was designed for our Android port), and similar also to
> iOS/new Mac OS X behavior.

Why such priority for Android? Be consistent with Android, ok, but not being
consistent with the desktop is a mistake. LO is mostly a application to work
on desktop. So to being consistent on PC is important too. This is still a
productive application.

mirek2 wrote
> It was imagined that there would only be one level of hierarchy (as is
> standard on Android and iOS), as it makes browsing templates much simpler
> and will be necessary if/when there is sync functionality between Android
> and desktop LibreOffice.

Why limitating other users with such restrictions?
Other users may have more than one level.

mirek2 wrote
> Thus, a path bar would be largely unnecessary

A path bar works for everyone.

I think we should not forget that the software  is used mostly on PC.

Regards,
Olivier