[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Template manager : feedback

Cedric Bosdonnat cbosdonnat at suse.com
Tue Dec 18 00:03:28 PST 2012

Hi Jean-Baptiste,

On Mon, 2012-12-17 at 21:14 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> You seems to overlook that the user does not need LibreOffice to
> organize his templates.
> They are only ODF files, OOo 1, SO or MSO templates  and the user can
> organize them in his file system as he like without using any office
> suite. Please, never forget the separation between the data and the
> software.
> After that, if LibreOffice is not able to navigate through the templates
> organization the user has chosen then, that is a defect of LibreOffice
> not a psychiatric problem in the user. And the user will be able to find
> another office suite which is able to do the job.

Well, IIRC the current template management class makes it all fit into
the scheme: Region > Template. So if you have subfolders it will show
them as a top level region (folder).

But as I mentioned this won't be touched: the template manager will show
what the template management class provides.

--
Cedric