[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Android design?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Feb 8 06:55:36 PST 2012

On Wed, 2012-02-08 at 13:43 +0100, Stefan Knorr (Astron) wrote:
> Hehe. Take a look at the amazing mock-up and ideas that Mirek has been
> working on for a while now:
> http://clickortap.wordpress.com/frivl/

	They look nice :-)

> (No, none of this is perfectly specced out yet, but there's some
> pretty cool stuff there.)

	So - one thing that I (personally) rather dislike is this "bold /
italic / underline" meme that still lurks heavily in new UI designs.
IMHO these need to be firmly held underwater until they expire ;-) Good
mockups around making styles more visible and manageable, creating (and
customizing) new styles [ which can indeed include the
bold/italic/underline elements ;-] much appreciated for that.

	Otherwise, some good ideas there. Do we have excitable people wanting
to do UI work in Java - that we can plug together with the core in due
course ? it'd be great to parallelise that work.

	Thanks,

		Michael.