[Libreoffice-ux-advise] System::Beep() removal

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:36:24 PST 2012

Hi all,

so, I guess using sound in the right places is not a bad idea. Of
course, having 60 random beeps across the codebase means we're mostly
silent already (well, my experience of workingin LibO backs this up) –
in other words: removing the remaining beeps won't hurt so much any
more. What I'd favour though, would be usage of sound in a way that
is:
* consistent with system options (sound theme, loudness, ...)
* consistent within LibO

Regards,
Astron.