[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [PUSHED] Floppy Disk ...

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:36:31 PST 2012

Hi Lapo, Jakub, Michael, everybody else reading,

*Just pushed the patch (with Lapo's suggested change of including the
source image), could someone else cherry-pick, please?*
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f76c017cf4f216e72da362e4d5466a2e5cc7281e
(I don't want to mess up 3.5, so for now, I'd rather leave it to
someone else to cherry-pick)

Anyway, please don't say that too loudly, since we have whole icon
themes without any sort of source files. Even our Tango theme provides
almost only xcf's as sources and only for some files.

> Officially agreed then :-)
Great.

> I think you need to include in the repositories somewhere the 'source'
> svgs or some pointer to them to satisfy the gpl source clause (IANAL
> though).

Oh! I've add the SVG to the patch. Thanks for the hint.

> Please consider that the tango example base set is basically
> unmaintaned and it's kinda rotting, so the more icons you pick from
> gnome icon theme (which is the latest and greatest implementation of
> the tango style) in place of tango ones the better.

Right, I'd love to do that, too. But, with the 3.5 hard UI freeze
looming, I'd say for the moment the old icon is fine.
Going by the log [1] we'd need your permission again and Jakub's, too...

Is there any way for you and the other gnome-icon-theme contributors
to give us a relicensed snapshot tarball of the "src" and "gnome"
folders of the entire gnome-icon-theme repository, minus anything
Gnome-specific (foot icons, ...), please? [2]

Astron.

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-icon-theme/log/src/navigation-icons.svg
[2] A more accurate list of the things that'd help is atteched (if
that makes it any easier)