[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [Libreoffice] [PUSHED] Avoid UI bugs in translations

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 10 07:24:09 PST 2012

Hi Michael, Andras,

>> Thanks for taking care of this issue. Pushed to libreoffice-3-5 with
>> changes. I did not see the point in shortening the body text.

Thanks for cherry-picking.
To put it with Joel Spolsky: "Users can't read" (linked to the
corresponding article further up in the thread). So it does make sense
to keep text as short as possible. Anyway, I do understand your
reasoning for not pushing the change in 3.5 (in 3.6, it would be good
to see the change, though).

>        Personally, I -love- this feature :-) it finally makes that dialog
> clear. Any chance whomever did this work (or some other kind volunteer)
> can add a screenshot and credit to:
>
>        http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/3.5

Hm, right, we (that'd be Josh, Christoph, William and me, possibly
others, too) changed that dialogue twice in the 3.5 cycle. I am
unsure, though, if the number of people who discussed this really
merits a mention in 3.6 release notes (as it's not in 3.5, as Andras
said).

Astron.