[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Color schemes

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Jul 26 01:33:04 PDT 2012

Hi UX guys,

I've been poking around the code that is responsible for the color
schemes as found in

Tools -> Options... -> Appearance -> Color scheme

There is some terrible duplication of functionality with vcl going on
there, and I'd love to clean it up.  On the way, I'd like to remove the
possibility to name the schemes, and switch between them.

My reasoning is that I doubt that a user is going to switch between
themes just according to her/his mood ;-) - I bet that most of the users
are happy with the default colors, and the rest will just tweak them
once, and be done with that for the rest of their life.

So - what is your view on that?  OK for you to remove the Scheme combo
box + [Save...] and [Delete] buttons?  Or do you have another approach
to this in mind?

[This shouldn't affect the possibility to install an extension that will
change the colors.]

Thank you,
Kendy