[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Fwd: Ubuntu Templates

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Jun 7 02:49:29 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 10:09 +0200, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> I add all those and kicked out the old ugly ones. This seems to be working fine
> -- except for BrightBlue. Any idea what is different about that one? It loads
> fine independantly, it also shows up correctly on the sidepane, but it does
> nothing when selected as a masterpage. If we cant clarify quickly whats
> different about this one, I would suggest to skip this one for this release ...

	:-)

> As for flat odf: I havent tried adapting the code there yet, just a heads up
> that this might increase our install size quite a bit: a 1.2MB Metropolis
> results in 1.8MB then.

	Why is the template 1.2Mb small ? ultimately it has to come down to
biiig artwork - biiig artwork is in itself a problem - since it gets
dragged around as a copy in every single document derived from that
template. Adding some megabytes of image to every blank document also
has an impact on load time, that makes us look slower than we need to be
so ...

	IMHO we need to be -extremely- economical (within the boundaries of
good taste) with our templates' artwork. If we want nice gradients and
lush shapes - we need to strongly consider embedding SVG, or Star
meta-files to achieve that).

	In part my desire to have flat templates is a wish to -see- such big
beasts close up and personal ;-) if we achieve that already - good.

	Does that make sense ? :-)

		Michael.