[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Question Concerning Bug 51048 - VIEWING: Outline around text on focused buttons

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:48:00 PDT 2012

Since I have some trouble to add anything to Bugzilla right now...

Hi Tomasz, Rainer,

the dotted outline was used in the default theme of older versions of
Windows (I think even the XP default theme used it, but can't say
now). In Vista/7, it was replaced by the blue glow on the icons.
We now have both the glow and the dotted outline which is redundant
and inconsistent with native applications.

The issue under Ubuntu/GTK+ should probably be filed separately as
there are some widely used GTK+ themes that use the outline (e.g.
Adwaita), while others don't make use of it (like Ubuntu's
Ambiance/Radiance themes).

Astron