[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Windows look

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 06:53:27 PDT 2012

Hi Kendy,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Jan Holesovsky <kendy at suse.cz> wrote:

> Hi Klaus-Jürgen, Astron, Mirek,
>
> On 2012-06-19 at 16:38 +0200, klaus-jürgen weghorn ol wrote:
>
> > > I'm still working on making the text (and the closing icon on the
> right)
> > > black, instead of semi-transparent...
> >
> > I'm not able to read the first point in the menu: "File".
> > Maybe this will change in near future by your work but I want to point
> > at this fact ;-) .
>
> This was exactly what I meant by the above paragraph ;-)  So the text is
> sorted out now:
>
> http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/toolbar-gradient-3.png
>
> Please let me know if it works for you; I like it :-) - hopefully you
> too.  I can easily change the size of the glow behind the characters in
> the menu (like, it can be tighter, or wider), and maybe even its color
> (to be 'less white'); and tweak the gradient too, if necessary.

To be honest, I prefer the first screenshot you posted [1], though I still
think a menubar with an opaque background rather than Aero glass would be
best.

Could you at least make the glow behind the menubar items more transparent
and wider?
Also, would it be possible to spread out the menubar items more, such as in
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0f/PaintDotNet-3.5-Screenshot.png
?
Lastly, compared to MS Office [2], the area of the titlebar and menubar
combined seems to be quite large. Would it be possible to decrease the
height of the menubar a bit?

The only limitation for the gradient is that it currently cannot be over the
> entire 'glass' area, only over the menu area.

> The closing button is the remaining issue now, I believe.
>
> All the best,
> Kendy

[1]
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~kendy/design-list/toolbar-gradient-2.png