[Libreoffice-ux-advise] [PUSHED] Re: Disable auto-numbering by default

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Mar 9 01:55:15 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-09 at 09:27 +0100, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Cameron is now working on a real solution; the plan is that the
> auto-numbering will be triggered when you enter 1. and hit [Tab] (or
> "<number>.[Tab]" in general); not as it is now that it triggers any time
> when you hit enter in a paragraph that starts with a "<number>."

	Will this happen for auto-bulleting too ? :-) "* foo<enter>" etc.

> Comments welcome :-)

	I'm torn between making it -much- more intelligent so it doesn't go
mangling my documents as I type into them ;-) [ in particular adding
points to an existing, un-numbered list should not auto-break things ]
and wanting to get rid of it altogether ;-) ie. no objections from me to
have someone polishing it to make it better whichever way. I wonder what
others think :-)

	Regards,

		Michael.