[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Find Next/Find Previous context -- shortcut keys show or not?

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed May 9 06:54:05 PDT 2012

Hi Korrawit,

On 2012-05-09 at 18:30 +0700, Korrawit Pruegsanusak wrote:

> IIUC, in the Find & Replace button, the shortcut key is shown
> dynamically (ie, we didn't hardcode it in the string), right? and is
> this also possible with the find next / previous buttons? If yes,
> which shortcut should we show, between Ctrl+G and F3?

Thank you for looking deeply in this!  Should we show the shortcut, I'd
go for Ctrl+G; the F3 is a bit overloaded - it is used as 'find next'
only when you are in the Findbar input line.  When you are in the
document, it means Automatic text.

Hopefully this is acceptable from the usability point of view, though?

Regards,
Kendy