[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Inclusion of Gnome Tango Icons?

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Thu May 10 08:38:33 PDT 2012

Forward of the message I sent:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mirek M. <mazelm at gmail.com>
Date: 2012/5/10
Subject: Gnome Icon Set
To: jimmac at gmail.com

Hi Jakub,
This is Mirek from the LibreOffice design team. Our icon set looks a bit
outdated and the Gnome 3.4 icon set is clearly superior. We'd love to
include some of the Gnome icons in LibreOffice, however the icons seem to
be licensed under the LGPL v.3 or the Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0 license,
whereas we would need them to be licensed under the MPLv2 license. Some of
the icons we would like to use are: Undo, Redo, Print, Print preview, Cut,
Copy, Paste, Insert Image, Insert Text, Insert Object, Insert Link, Less
Indent, More Indent, Align Left, Align Center, Align Right, Justify, Find,
Find and Replace, Sort Ascending, and Sort Descending. (This might not be
an exhaustive list, though.)
Would you please consider publishing these icons under the MPL as well?
Thanks.