[Libreoffice-ux-advise] conditional format dialog

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Fri May 11 06:57:41 PDT 2012

Hello Markus,

> Old planning has been moved a bit. Color scales and maybe data bars
> will make it into 3.6. Is there a good way to integrate it into the
> conditional formatting dialog?

I am working on it.
Meanwhile, there's an implementation detail that I would find useful to know:
how are data bars and colour scales implemented in ODF? Are there
styles for them [1]? Would styles make sense from your perspective?
Actually, are data bars a specced ODF feature, or is this an extension
of the spec?

Astron.

[1] I guess there is a difference between having presets [2] and
styles, which is mostly that the preset is stored within the
application configuration file, but style would be embedded in the
spreadsheet itself.

[2] Presets seem vital to me, else we'd have to confront _every_ user
with more configuration than anyone we should want.