[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Visual representation of calc borders slightly changed

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Fri May 11 07:00:24 PDT 2012

Hi all,

at the Hackfest (almost a month ago now, shame on me), I noticed how
the corners of the cells were slightly round... although they should
be square. This isn't a new effect, it's just that Markus's work
highlights it more.
Markus suggested that you (Thorsten) might be good person to speak to,
if we want perfect squares here. Can you do anything about that? (See
attached screenshot borders-round.png – just a magnification of
Markus's shot.)

The other thing I noticed is that LibO seems to aim for accuracy a bit
much now, thus borders sometimes look a bit fuzzy – can that at all be
avoided by better aligning them to pixel borders? (See
borders-shouldbe.png for a primitive visualisation of it.)

Astron.