[Libreoffice-ux-advise] A sheet by default

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon May 21 12:38:46 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 19:31 +0200, Mirek M. wrote:
> Could we vote on this issue, then?

	Hah - voting !? ;-) we are a meritocracy.

	If you want it, and Kohei wants it, and (so far) no-one has screamed
against it, and:

> I see that both Google Drive's Spreadsheet application and Excel:Mac
> 2011 (on my mother's computer) use one sheet by default, so it seems
> like 3 are really not needed.

	It is best-practise for thinking people; we should (IMHO)
"just do it" and re-visit as/when people scream. Seems to me it's no
more difficult to click '+' than it is to click 'Sheet 2'.

> One sheet also means less confusion for users, as most now ignore the
> two other sheets and don't even bother to check if they have content.

	So - volunteers to dig out the setting XML and change it
appreciated ? ;-) [ or further flameage etc. ]. It'd be nice to get the
sizing of that sheet-tab area right too - I'm regularly annoyed by
having the world's biggest horizontal scroll-bar (with nothing to scroll
to see), and yet having to fiddle around with tiny navigation buttons at
the bottom there ;-) [ there was an EasyHack to look into this IIRC ].

	ATB,

		Michael.