[Libreoffice-ux-advise] conditional format dialog

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Fri May 25 19:54:28 PDT 2012

Hey,

2012/5/24 Stefan Knorr (Astron) <heinzlesspam at googlemail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> I've updated the proposal with data bars/color scales in mind...
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Whiteboards/Conditional_Formatting
>
> I've tried to describe it in the wiki... if there are questions, don't
> hesitate to ask.

This is an amazing proposal and I'll try to implement it as good as possible.

Sadly I will not be able to merge color scales/data bars together with
the old conditional formatting. It is on my TODO list but the feature
freeze is coming quickly and we are having some problems when we merge
them together. I'll use two separate dialogs in 3.6 for color formats
(color scale + data bars) and the old conditional formats and will
merge them with the necessary core changes for 3.7.

Then I noticed that your dialog contains some really advanced features
for data bars that I won't support in 3.6:
- borders for data bars are not possible right now
- there is no support for the data bar direction right now

and I'm missing a bit an option to switch between single color data
bars and two color data bars.

I'm sorry that I did not make it for the 3-6 release with a perfect
solution but the necessary changes to support this were just too big.

Thanks to all design people who helped to make this possible.

Regards,
Markus