[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Header/Footer widget ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon May 28 05:51:05 PDT 2012

Hi there,

	I was accosted at LinuxTag by a chap who had clicked in his footer area
and had a footer inserted without wanting that, and of course deleting
it throws your cursor to the top of the document loosing your place ;-)

	It seems he's right; the control there is sensitive from the time it
begins this fade-in, so if you click in the right place you get this
behaviour.

	I suspect we should:

	a) make that button insensitive until it is fully faded in &
	   visible for say 500ms (we can bikeshed the number)

	b) move the cursor back into the page, either top or bottom
	   that is currently visible when it is deleted through the UI

	Thoughts appreciated of course :-) not sure if you have any cycles for
this sort of thing just now though.

	ATB,

		Michael.