[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Disabling file opening and saving in print preview mode

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Thu May 31 13:37:44 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-31 at 16:07 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> That also means that I'll just have to go back and figure out what's
> going wrong when saving the document from the preview mode (as reported
> in the bug report). :-/

Ok.  There is a major issue when saving a document from the preview mode
I just discovered.  None of the view properties that normally get saved
when saved from the normal mode get saved when saved from the preview
mode.  The reason is, as I mentioned earlier, the preview mode is an
entirely separate application from the normal Calc app, and it doesn't
have access to all the view properties that the normal Calc app has.

This is a major setback...  I'd still like to offer a save from the
preview, but fixing this will not be without technical challenges...

Here, the term "view properties" refers to the data that get saved in
the settings.xml stream in the ods archive.  You can unzip a test ods
and compare this xml file with one saved from the normal mode, and one
saved from the preview mode.  The latter is missing quite a bit of
information which probably contributes to the odd behavior reported in
the bug.

Scratching my head...

Kohei

--