[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Input about Options WAS Re: Need Developer Input about Options

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Mon Nov 5 07:52:03 PST 2012

Mirek M. wrote (02-11-12 01:21)
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 12:03 AM, Cor Nouws <oolst at nouenoff.nl
> <mailto:oolst at nouenoff.nl>> wrote:

>> >    <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Analyses/Global_Options>
>>
>>     Is it OK if I add some opinions on that page (again)?
>
> Post them here. :)

Well, here we go (I've skipped the ones that are mentioned earlier in
this thread, and those that I've no opinion/knowledge).

- Other user data
I would keep this with the other (First Name, Last Name) so 'Generic'

- Help Agent
I would go for 'Generic'

- Number of Undo Steps    'Unnecessary'
Interferers with memory usage which is an area with sometimes problems
(I've noticed on certain citrix installations)
So I would go for 'Advanced'.

- Icons in Menus        'Unnecessary'
It definitely can add to learning, if icons from toolbars are visible in
the menu too (and also I find it nice to see).
I would go for 'Generic'

- Show preview of fonts / Show font history
         'Unnecessary' (Always enabled)
Fine for me, as the tech guys confirm that there are no technical
reasons for that (in certain circumstances)

- Graphics Output
   Use hardware acceleration and Use Anti-Aliasing
are in the same category for me: to watch for with certain use.
Having them available in one place is more logic to me.

- Selection
   Transparency (level)     'Unnecessary'
Ah well, it looks nice, so pls lets keep it!

-  Print / Reduce Print Data
All contextual.... Yes, but I know where those are set per company
policy. So as 'Generic' setting ...

- Paths / Templates
I would say 'Advanced'

-  Online Update
I would say 'Generic' for sure!

- Load / Load user-specific settings with the document
I would say 'Advanced'

- Warn when not saving in ODF or default format   ' Advanced'
I would keep this with the other (Default file format) so 'Generic'

- Spellcheck / Hypnenation
I would say 'Generic' for all those...

  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org