[Libreoffice-ux-advise] It is not with regret...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Mon Nov 12 02:34:24 PST 2012

Hi Jose,

On Sat, 2012-11-10 at 10:57 +1100, Jose Alonso wrote:
> and the .docX format simply DOES NOT WORK in LibreOffice, or in (I
> have just also checked) OpenOffice. Pictures and graphics do not
> transfer, misinterpretation of formats is rife !

	:-) So - LibreOffice is developed through iterative improvement - we
need concrete feedback on these issues with bugs. Simply attaching a
fragment of a document - cut-down to be non-confidential in Microsoft
Office that does not import / render correctly at
http://bugs.freedesktop.org/ is valuable.

	Without people providing concrete, actionable bug reports that we can
fix the software will not improve, and we need people to make the effort
to do that. Don't assume that someone else will do it if you do not, or
that the corner-cases are super-obvious.

	So - let me encourage you to do that before using other software - and
hopefully when you next check back things will be better :-) And of
course - in general we recommend ODF for document storage and
interchange - for obvious reasons :-)

	Many thanks,

		Michael.