[Libreoffice-ux-advise] File->Properties->Internet

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Wed Nov 21 06:16:12 PST 2012

since i'm just looking at the dialog:

there is a Internet tab page on the File->Properties... dialog which
allows the user to set a "Refresh timeout", after which the document
will automatically be reloaded, and a "Redirect", which will cause
another document to be loaded (after some timeout).

these appear to me to be relics of the 90s when StarOffice wanted to be
a web browser and are now entirely useless.

we cannot get rid of these properties in the DocumentProperties API etc.
because unfortunately they were standardized in ODF, so it will be
possible to set these via API, but i wonder if we really want to clutter
up the dialog with this useless Internet tab page.