[Libreoffice-ux-advise] New Layout for Insert Table Dialog

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Wed Nov 21 11:49:57 PST 2012

Hi Samuel,

Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote (21-11-12 18:10)

> I have modified the layout and wording of the "Insert Table" Dialog in
> Writer a bit, see attached screenshot.

Thanks!

> Any suggestions for improvement?

'First Row is a Heading' is not consistent with the possibility to set
more than one row, that will be repeated when the table is split over pages.
And since you made the other labels a bit more clear, maybe it's enough
to say just 'Heading' (I do not see a simple alternative now).

> I am not sure if the spacing between widgets is correct.

I like that the Check for repeat and the word 'Heading' are aligned.
It looks prettier to me, if the indent is a bit more - though not as
much as in the old dialog.

Regards,

--
  - Cor