[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Default Styles in Writer

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Fri Nov 23 09:07:07 PST 2012

Hi Samuel,

Initial remark:

Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote (23-11-12 17:48)

> [..]
> Reasons:
> * "Text body" is the same as "Default Style", except that it has a
> margin at the bottom, so I would suggest to remove "Default Style" from
> the list.

This is not true.
Nearly all styles inherit from Default Style.
And much less do so from Text Body.

I support the idea to have people use text Body in stead of Default
Style ....
However, people are used taking Default (Style), will get confused.
Also a clean new document and many existing documents (and other
applications) show Default Style...

Technically however: as a style is used in the document, it is shown in
the list Apply Style.
So removing Default Style will only be possible if you change the
default New document :-)

Thus: when we remove Default Style from the list by default, and change
the default 'template' so that it shows Text Body for the single
paragraph, we only confuse people ;-)

What do others think?

(For the rest (title, sorting) kudoos ;-) )

  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org
  - www.librelex.org