[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Default Styles in Writer

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Tue Nov 27 09:49:41 PST 2012

Hi Rafael, *

[  First: the paragraphs in your mail shows up in my Thunderbird as one
long line. Could you pls check if there is some gmail setting curing
that :-)
Also: If you have the previous mails replying to them each and
preferably in-line, helps me spending less time on mail reading and
understanding. Which is useful with all that is passing by. thanks ;-) ]

Rafael Rocha Daud wrote (27-11-12 14:53)

> Cor, what actions one needs to select a style for? Unless I'm wrong,
> they're only right clicking for context menu (then New..., Modify...
> or Delete...), which doesn't require single left click first.

So you suggest to have lift click for applying and right click for
selecting and the other actions? Sounds fine :-)
On the other hand, what comes to my mind rapidly is that in most cases a
user first selects an item in a list-box, and then presses OK (or such),
or, alternatively double-clicks... So that at least explains the behaviour.
But since we don't have a button 'apply', indeed I know users sometimes
are looking around .. ;-)

> Apart
> from that, about the upper button "New Style from selection", what I
> gather is 'selection' here refers to the cursor in the text, not the
> style selected in the Stylist.

Correct. "Text at cursor position / selected" is more appropriate - but
long...

> style selected in the Stylist. If we could indeed use single click to
> apply a style, then double-click could be assigned to Modify ('edit
> style' dialog), which in my opinion would be a productive boost.

Maybe...
And what about Delete? Leave that in the context menu?
Wondering what others think.

Thanks for your input!

Cor

PS - if at a certain moment we have the feeling that there is not so
much input on a question and still are a bit in doubt, it might be an
idea to consult e.g the users list ... with a specific question?

--
  - Cor
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org