[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Default Styles in Writer

Niklas Johansson sleeping.pillow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 04:43:05 PST 2012

Hi Cor,
>> It brought one thought to my mind though. I really miss a keyboard
>> shortcut
>> that would open the "Apply Style" combo box so it looks like this.
>
> Ctrl+F11 and then Alt+down will do :-)
Ah, nice. Wouldn't it make sense if it expanded the combo box
automatically on Ctrl+F11?
>> As I noted in a message, witch by mistake went directly to Kendy, I
>> would really like it if a style only gets added to the combo box
>> when it is explicitly being used. Ex. When you use the style
>> Heading 1, the style Heading gets added because
>> Heading 1 is based on Heading. I'd like to avoid this.
>
> I do not agree here.
> It's good to show users - some initial often used / important styles.

I don't know if my concern went through correctly. Because I do agree
that often used styles/important should be available initially. What I
basically wonder is why a style (Heading) that isn't directly used in the
document needs to be added to the list of applied styles because another
style (Heading 1) is used in the document.
As long as this is the case we can't really get rid of Default Style
from the
list. Or am I missing something?

Regards,
Niklas Johansson