[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Advice required on auto text resize (Impress)

Muthu Subramanian sumuthu at suse.com
Sun Oct 7 23:56:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

> > Advice:
> > It would be really nice if I could get the UX team's advice on this,
> > please? And how much value this behavior might provide (if at all) to
> > the users?
> For users who don't know the autofit feature, it increases the
> probability to understand why the text changes its size without having
> modified anything.
This is an interesting point. Until now, I had assumed users would want to know
the autofit size set by them! I guess, I think like a programmer ;)

Just to brainstorm a little more: How would it be if autofit was an option
rather than a property? E.g. Users click on autofit - it fits the
text accordingly, but when users add more text or remove text it
just behalves normally?

Also, is there a way to find what the majority of users might need?
(Some kind of data) - or would this be asking for too much?

Thanks a lot!
Muthu Subramanian