[Libreoffice-ux-advise] New Template Dialog on Mac OSX

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 01:23:03 PDT 2012

Le 08/10/12 09:50, Mirek M. a écrit :

Hi Mirek,

> AFAIK, the new OS X file management uses no back button as well. [1]
> Instead, clicking a folder "expands" it and clicking away folds it back.
> The folders in the template dialog should work somewhat similarly --
> clicking away or clicking "X" should dismiss a folder overlay and return
> back to the upper hierarchy.

No clicking on a folder doesn't expand it by default, at least not on
OSX 10.8, unless that folder is in the Dock. It certainly doesn't have
that behaviour on the Desktop, or in the Finder.

The behaviour you identified in your first link is Coverflow-related
whic LO doesn't support in its dialogs (or if it does, I don't see how
to activate it). Now, if you could get the dialog to do that it would
look much nicer indeed ! :-))

In fact, both of the links you provided are a vast improvement on what
is currently displayed.

Until you said so, I didn't even recognise that these were folders, they
just look like flat clickable icons. They certainly don't have any
native OSX folder "look or feel" about them.

> P.S. Could you post a screenshot?

Sure, where do you want me to put it ?

Alex