[Libreoffice-ux-advise] InfoBars: problem when stacking too many of those

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 02:32:03 PDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 9:42 AM, Cedric Bosdonnat <cbosdonnat at suse.com>wrote:

> Hi Astron, Mirek,
>
> Thanks for your remarks and ideas. I have to admit that Mirek's idea
> looks nice to me as it means less work ;)
>
> I would just raise another question. Is it a good thing to have the
> color of the info bar configurable in the Appearance options page? I
> already have that implemented, but there is a tiny problem still to be
> fixed: the info bar is not repainted when changing the color in the
> options.

It'd be preferable not to have the color configurable -- the Options dialog
is brimming over with options as is and adding an infobar color option,
which isn't really needed, would only exacerbate the matter. In our global
options analysis [1], we've decided to move appearance options out of the
main options dialog.

However, LibreOffice should be able to detect a high-contrast theme and
color the infobar and its contents accordingly.

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Analyses/Global_Options#Appearance