[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Rename Slide Design

Mirek M. mazelm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 12:29:12 PDT 2012

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 6:45 AM, Olivier Hallot <
> olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> I already did that when I translated to pt-BR, so it is OK for me.

:) great

> We only have to enphasize the difference between presentation template
> and slide template - no you or me, or any knowledgeable LO user - but
> average user may get confused by these templates.

Well, our users (including me) are already confused by the "Slide Design"
title.
On Google+, Sebastian Spaeth wrote: "if there were one thing I could change
in impress, it would be renamin "slide design". I can never remember what
s"slide design' and what "slide layout" does. desin lets you choose a
template, so it would help if I had "slide template" vs 'slide layout'."

If you think "Slide Template" is too confusing, how about "Slide Master
Page"?

BTW, Undo calls the feature "Apply presentation layout" -- that should be
changed to "Apply Slide Master Page" as well.