[Libreoffice-ux-advise] page borders (bug 52327)

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Sun Sep 2 13:49:23 PDT 2012

Hi Christina,

Christina Roßmanith schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I had a look at fdo52327 and have some questions:

It is not clear, what the submitter of the bug wants.

I guess, that he wants the page borders shown in normal view. But I
think, that would be no good idea, because the layout of the page
contains also header, footer, and background, and considers repeating
rows and columns, scaling and a lot of other things.

> 1. Should "page preview" trigger the calculation of page borders?

Yes, because the "page preview" is the command ".uno:PrintPreview" and
is intended to show how the sheet content is distributed to the page and
what effects the page layout settings have.

Currently there is no problem in showing page borders. The borders are
shown, as well as background or other settings of the page layout.

> 2. If so, should it be a trigger for the current sheet only or for all
> sheets?

The "page preview" shows the print ranges of all selected sheets. So it
needs to calculate the borders of the page layout of all selected sheets.

But I do not see any problem at all.

Kind regards
Regina