[Libreoffice-ux-advise] page borders (bug 52327)

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Mon Sep 3 14:06:16 PDT 2012

Hi Christina,

Christina Roßmanith schrieb:
> Hi Regina,
>
> to make sure we are talking about the same "page borders": there are
> slightly thicker lines in normal view indicating what is printed on a
> page.

Ah, that are no "page borders", but that are the lines for "Automatik
page break". Therefore I was so confused. The color of this lines can be
set in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Appearance, section Spreadsheet.

  But they appear only after "print preview" for a sheet was executed.

Yes, I can confirm, that they are not shown initially. After switching
to "Page Break Preview" (in menu View) and back to "Normal" they are
shown. Calling "Page preview" and closing will do the same, and calling
page layout dialog and finish with OK or calling printing dialog as well.

> If the bug reporter confirmes that "print preview" works for him I'll
> close the bug with "NOTABUG" - any objections?

It is a bug (or a missing feature), that they are not shown immediately.
But that behavior is not new. It is there at least since OOo1.1.5. So
"NOTABUG" is not really true.

Another question is, whether you want to work on it. Because a lot of
actions trigger this lines, the "bug" is not severe. In OOo-times there
had been the large dump "OOo later" for such reports. You can confirm
the issue and set it to a low importance, or immediately close it with
WONTFIX. But WONTFIX sound always harsh for the reporter of the bug and
might discourage him to help in LibreOffice, so I would not use it.

Kind regards
Regina